Welcome to kde-quality!

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Jun 6 21:30:41 CEST 2007

[[ This is a sample 'welcome to' message which I'd like to apply to the list
so that new subscribers -- one of whom is BCC'ed -- know what they are
getting into and how the list works. I'll be adding this -- or a modification
of it, based on list comments -- to the mailman welcome message. ]]

Hi Nils,

Welcome to the kde-quality mailing list. This list has a two-fold charter:

1) Discussing KDE's quality checking infrastructure and tools, which mostly
live on the English Breakfast Network. Unit tests and coverage are ok as
well. This is an active list; talk and then code, but don't just talk or
gripe. APIDOX improvements and patches are handled here as well. Small
patches where you don't know who to send them to specifically should probably
go to kde-devel@ .

2) Introducing new people to the world of KDE development. This is about
pointing people to the right *other* mailing lists, techbase, extra
development resources, #kontact, etc.

Please stick with these two topics. Bug reporting / ranting is not useful on
this list; bug reports go to bugs.kde.org, rants should just go elsewhere.

Thanks for living up to the list charter,
[ade] (list admin)

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot