Welcome to kde-quality!

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jun 6 21:37:41 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 21:30:41 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> [[ This is a sample 'welcome to' message which I'd like to apply to the
> list so that new subscribers -- one of whom is BCC'ed -- know what they are
> getting into and how the list works. I'll be adding this -- or a
> modification of it, based on list comments -- to the mailman welcome
> message. ]]
>
> Hi Nils,
>
> Welcome to the kde-quality mailing list. This list has a two-fold charter:
>
> 1) Discussing KDE's quality checking infrastructure and tools, which mostly
> live on the English Breakfast Network. Unit tests and coverage are ok as
> well. This is an active list; talk and then code, but don't just talk or
> gripe. APIDOX improvements and patches are handled here as well. Small
> patches where you don't know who to send them to specifically should
> probably go to kde-devel@ .
>
> 2) Introducing new people to the world of KDE development. This is about
> pointing people to the right *other* mailing lists, techbase, extra
> development resources, #kontact, etc.
>
> Please stick with these two topics. Bug reporting / ranting is not useful
> on this list; bug reports go to bugs.kde.org, rants should just go
> elsewhere.
>
> Thanks for living up to the list charter,
> [ade] (list admin)

While the message looks good, the double-charter confuses the poo out of new
contributors (that's what I think it would to to me).

Shouldn't we just create a welcome list, get some people there and wipe all
references to kde-quality being the noob list off the intarweb? I'm happy to
take part in this endeavour.
--
sebas

It is now proved beyond doubt that smoking is one of the leading causes of
statistics. - Knebel's Law