[kde-promo] Who wants to spread some KDE?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jun 6 09:53:42 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 02:30:00 Orville Bennett wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 08:11:51 pm Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 June 2007 02:02, Orville Bennett wrote:
> > > OK, so I noticed that Spreadkde.org died a quiet death today while I
> > > was on IRC talking about spreading KDE. I personally would love to see
> > > the site back

> > I think the problem is DNS more than anything else, with spreadkde -- at
> > least, that was the state as of sunday evening.
>
> That's odd. I was speaking with people subscribed to kde-promo  and I at
> least got the impression that it was dead.
> Does anyone know for sure the status of the site?

The domain is dead, the site is not. The domain is not in the hands of KDE,
and the individual owning it has not given it back yet -- after several
emails asking for it.

There is a team working on the renewal of the website itself, once
spread.kde.org (not the extra dot) is up, the work on that continues.
--
sebas

Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible. - Alan
Kay