[OT] Re: kadressbook usability

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Wed Jan 31 22:43:51 CET 2007

El Miércoles, 31 de Enero de 2007, Joseph M. Gaffney escribió:
> > Akonadi is not related to Kmail interface, but related to the internal
> > backend of PIM applications.
> >
> > Regards.
>
> *nod*, its the details I don't fully understand, not the purpose ;)
>
> Point being Akonadi is a storage service + control process.  Fast access
> via IMAP, caching of PIM items, etc, etc.  There are virtual containers in
> this storage interface, and the ability to easily extend applications (not
> Akonadi, but the apps themselves) to take advantage of these thoughts.
> Which, I do believe, they are intending on doing.  However, a decent amount
> of work needs to go into this still, so it wouldn't be visible just yet.

Yes, ok, but that is not really related to usability in user interfaces.

Akonady could be great, but if the KDE app for managing contacts forces the
user to choose them one by one to add them to a category, then the usability
issue still will exist. That is what I mean.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo