session management proposal

Mats Vold pilfink at yahoo.no
Mon Dec 17 07:18:12 CET 2007

Hi guys, thanks for the great work on the excellent KDE desktop.

I have an idea for a feature I would like to share, and I hope this is the right
place to post it. It's basically a new take on session management for the linux
desktop.

Imagine that, in addition to the standard options - close, maximize, minimize - there
were an iconify option, which would create a link on the desktop to the applications
current session. The link would persist across logins, thus allowing the user to
create shortcuts for his/her favorite sessions.

Granted, it's a very simple idea, but if you think about it, I think you'll find that
it would make a very intuitive, not to mention powerful feature.