an AI player for Tetris

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Dec 15 14:12:06 CET 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007 16:10, Dapeng Zhang wrote:
> Dear Adriann,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > You'll need a KDE development environment, for one thing. You may want to
> > target KDE3 since that's an existing and stable platform; for research
> > that's generally a good thing.
>
> I have kdevelop3 package installed in my "openSuSE 10.2". I'm an emacs
> user, never tried to use kdevelop. But I can start now...

As Kevin (I think) already pointed out, you don't need to use KDevelop,
here "development environment" means a compiler, make, development headers,
etc.

> The kdegames (kde) has a version 3.5.5. The source code package is from
> web. It (kdegames) was sucessfully compiled by configure-->make-->"make
> install".

Make sure that's one of the release tarballs, not a source package from your
distribution. It's been a long time since I tried to build KDE3 software, if
I remember right:

./configure
make

ought to do, at least on Linux systems. Just leave the whole compiled kdegames
there, cd into ksirtet and work there. The reason you need a whole compiled
kdegames is that there is code sharing and convenience libraries all over the
place; ksirtet may assume some other library is being compiled elsewhere in
kdegames at the same time.

You should be able to build and install ksirtet once you've cd'ed into its
directory:

make clean # for thoroughness
make && make install

> However, when I try to insert a very simple "printf" in
> libksirtet/common/main.h, and recomplile. The compiler reports some link
> errors, For example

Hm. I'm not familiar enough with the source structure of ksirtet.

>---- board.o: In function `KSBoard::start(GTInitData const&)':
> board.cpp:(.text+0x32d): undefined reference to `Board::start(GTInitData
> const&)'
> board.o: In function `KSBoard::qt_property(int, int, QVariant*)':
> board.cpp:(.text+0x36e): undefined reference to `Board::qt_property(int,
> int, QVariant*)'
>----
>
> Do you know how to solve this problem?

Doesn't look like something that would be triggered by changing main.h, looks
like a more general problem. Check that it compiles cleanly without your
modifications.

[ade]