Better default toolbar setting

David Roberts dvdr18 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 12:29:05 CEST 2006

> Why don't you decrease the checking interval?
i only use "check mail" when i know that a confirmation email has been
delivered within a few seconds of signing up for something, so i can either:
a) decrease my interval to 5secs (and i don't particularly want to have kmail
eating my entire bandwidth)
b) sit there waiting for 60secs until my mail is checked automatically
however, this is just my personal opinion, and i'm not going to force my
opinion on others. to be honest, i don't get how one icon is wasting space,
but obviously others do, and i don't particularly feel like arguing about
that.

but anyway, why not just add extra option in toolbar configuration which
allows the user to choose between default style, and compact style (which
would be lacking buttons such as "check mail"). the user could even be asked
to choose between these the first time they run kmail.

> Of course, we want to keep KPersonalizer as
> uncluttered as possible (to avoid scaring newbies)
i totally agree. perhaps kpersonalizer could ask the mandatory questions
(language etc), and then give the user the option to change the config for
extra options such as text in toolbars, or just to finish the wizard