Better default toolbar setting

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Tue Sep 12 20:59:22 CEST 2006

El Martes, 12 de Septiembre de 2006 20:20, Stefan Monov escribió:
> > > Why should "forward" and "receive mail" (called "check mail in",
> > > actually) be on the toolbar anyway?
> > > - only secretaries forward often
> >
> > I don't think so.
>
> Then the obvious question is, who else needs to?

At work I must many times to forward or redirect a mail.
And many people like to forward "cool" mails to their friends.

> > > - only people on very low bandwidth check mail in manually
> >
> > I don't think so. Me and people I meet check mail manually with band
> > width. They receive it periodically, yes, but some times many users press
> > in "Receive mail".
>
> Why do they do it?

Examples:
- A user has registered himself in a page and need to check the "confirm"
mail.
- A user has bought a travel and need to print the ticked he will receive
attached in a mail.
- A user asks by mail to somebody about an important problem, so he needs to
check manually the inbox.

> > - By default the KDE apps show TOO MUCH icons in the toolbar.
> > - The text of the icons is TOO LONG (and worse in i18n).
> > - KDE apps show all their power to the user in the gui, only a few KDE
> > apps try to hide the advanced features just for advanced users.
>
> However, even if there were few icons, and with short descriptions, the
> text makes it uglier.

Ok, so then answer again to this question:  ;)

  http://www.udel.edu/topics/e-mail/macosxmail/index.html
  http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagen:Mozilla_thunderbird_empty_screenshot.
  Do you think these apps could look better without the icons text?

Regards.

--
Iñaki