Better default toolbar setting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 15:54:46 CEST 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 14:40, Iñaki wrote:
> I understand the technical reasons but there must be other way to show
> icons with text better than the actual way. I have tried to set my Kmail
> toolbar with big icons + text and it's impossible:

this thread is trying to solve the wrong problem. developers simply need to
provide proper length texts for their toolbars and minimize the number of
buttons on them.

this would never happen unless the text was there by default and so we did so.
now it's up to application developers to fix their toolbars.

toolbar buttons should not have long texts, period. 3 short words is the max.
and yeah, i know about i18n .. those translations simply need to figure it
out.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness