Is KDE really usable?

Wade Olson wade at corefunction.com
Mon Oct 23 16:16:01 CEST 2006

On 10/23/06, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 23 October 2006 00:02, Iñaki wrote:
> > I was to clarify that the actual KDE is not enough reliable to be used in
> > an office. It provides a lot of technical features but when any exotic
> > feature of them is used (webdav calendar or fish vcard) KDE apps become
> > inestable and crash or work wrong.
>
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> Unfortunately you're making your point -- and I can confirm at least *some* of
> the problems -- in entirely the wrong place. This is the mailing list for
> people who want to help; for people who are getting *started* in KDE
> development. Sending fairly general complaints about the quality of the
> software does not do the list much good.

Once again kde-quality maintains its leadership as the "Most Poorly
Named Mailing List" - with a wall of trophies to show for its
accomplishments in confusing new comers.

Thanks to Inaki for pointing out these issues, thanks to Ade for
pointing out how to more appropriately report general issues, and
thanks in advance to those who support revisiting this list and its
purpose.