Is KDE really usable?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Oct 23 10:59:42 CEST 2006

On Monday 23 October 2006 00:02, Iñaki wrote:
> I was to clarify that the actual KDE is not enough reliable to be used in
> an office. It provides a lot of technical features but when any exotic
> feature of them is used (webdav calendar or fish vcard) KDE apps become
> inestable and crash or work wrong.

Hi Iñaki,

Unfortunately you're making your point -- and I can confirm at least *some* of
the problems -- in entirely the wrong place. This is the mailing list for
people who want to help; for people who are getting *started* in KDE
development. Sending fairly general complaints about the quality of the
software does not do the list much good.

As Lex has already pointed out, filing bugs or complaining on the right
mailing lists -- kdepim-users at kde.org for Kontact issues, for instance -- is
much more productive. Alternateively, describing the problems you are
experiencing in sufficient detail that new contributors can try to pick them
up is also very useful. Do some of the initial groundwork so that you can
point new people directly towards a problem, a way to reproduce it and the
sources where the problem probably lies. That fits very well within the
charter of this list.

responsive, and there has been some serious work in the past few days on
fixing some IMAP bugs that have been bothering corporate users. That may
improve your situation, but you want to be involved there then as well.

Yrs.,
[ade]

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/