What is my name?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat May 27 00:00:33 CEST 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 11:24, Frans Englich wrote:
> names, but a broader input of ideas is surely needed. I've attached a
> "naming kit", which can act as inspiration.

note that a trademark or use in a commercial setting of a word/name only
really matters if its in the same field.

> Any ideas, suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated. Don't take the
> guidelines too seriously, perhaps someone else can improve a name which has
> a quirk or too. Basically, whatever you think would be a killer name, is
> probably a great name!

following the science/physics naming theme would be nice if one goes for
a "fancy" name. but please not a "k-ified" name. those are tired and really
don't market well at all.

that said, the XPath/XQuery/XSLT frameworks are built on top of the KHTML /
WebCore stuff, correct? does it then make sense to tie the name in with that
set of software?

(btw, kde-quality is an odd place for this discussion =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo