Test for kde4.0 ?

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed May 17 11:23:56 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 13:48, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Answering this as "the testing guy", although this list is (surprisingly)
> about getting new contributors up to speed.
>
> On Monday 15 May 2006 21:59, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > I write into this Mailing List to know if you think to define some
> > specific test before kde4.0 release to test application.
>
> Not particularly; the unit tests that were added to libs have limited
> coverage and I haven't seen many tests added recently.

Ok so for the moment test is just for lib.

> > With qt4.0 we have a lot of changes into API (for example when a qstring
> > is empty, application can crash now :( ) so it's not easy to test all
> > application.
>
> Any particular tests you have in mind? Tests we can run on just the source
> code in particular are nice.

For me we must test for the moment launch application and test them.
There are a lot of bugs just after launch them.
And into kde there is a lot of application that nobody test.

And there is other pb with the new build system, some files were not install,
or installed with not good attribute etc.

I think that we will have a lot of bugs, and it will easy (I think) to test
them. (for example compile and test kde4.0 install, launch and report all
bugs)

I think that it will a good idea to start to create little method to test
kde4.0 for the begining.