Konqueror for a New Experience (mockup)

Micah Wylde wyldeone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 05:43:41 CET 2006

I've been using Opera for awhile now after a few years of
Mozilla/Firefox, and I haven't really been bothered by this. For me
it's plenty clear that the refresh button has become a stop button,
and the rational for this is clear. I like that it nicely unclutters
the interface, and I know (as most power users would, I imagine) that
I can refresh a page while it's loading by pressing f5. I have never
experienced the issue of refreshing accidentally because it turned
from a stop button into a refresh to quickly, though it is certainly
possible it might come up. I don't think it's nearly common enough of
an issue to make a big deal about, though.

On 3/14/06, Stefan Monov <logixoul at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 00:06, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > > Safari and Opera users keep bitching about this misfeature in their
> > > browsers.
> >
> > Do they? All of them?
> [= Not all of them, indeed. Thing is, my English sucks and I thought that
> writing "Safari and Opera users" implied "some Safari and Opera users".
> Sorry.
> > I *bet* there are at least some users who "bitch back", and like the
> > feature. It is always like that....  :-P
> Yes, but, as you already agreed, the feature is "bad" (quoted because it's
> just our current point of view), so they just don't know about/haven't
> noticed the issues yet.

Micah Wylde