KDE-5 Confusing setting - number pad moves mouse

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jun 14 18:11:43 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 09:20, Richard Boyce wrote:
> 1. As far as I can tell, it came on by default - for people who do not
> know KDE well like me, this will be a big suprise

fortunately, no, it's not the default =)

> 3. Since this affects the keyboard, the same option should be shown in
> the "Keyboard" module.

this is where a "related modules" area in a control center would help. we
wouldn't need to duplicate settings everywhere but keep them clustered still.

> 4. KDE Control's search feature does not properly index this option - if
> I search for "num" the only option I see is under the "Accessibility"
> module which does not contain the aforementioned option.

would make sense. too late for 3.5.x due to string freezes for translation,
but for kde4 we really do need to go through our keywords with a fine-toothed
comb before release.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness