Too much options in pop-up menus

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Sat Jan 14 15:24:26 CET 2006

El Sábado, 14 de Enero de 2006 02:16, Gregory Hayes escribió:
> > - Open in new window (what is "open a mp3 file in a new window"???).
>
> It actually should do just that ;) Open a multimedia file embedded in a new
> window. A more context specific description would help to make it less
> obtuse. Something like "play in an embeded window" or "play in a new tab".

Yes, it could be more appropiate. Any way, how many users want to preview an
audio file in a new Konqueror tab? is it really usable? should this option
appear by default with multimedia mimetypes?

> > I know that some of those problems can be solved editing "Actions" for
> > each
> > mime type and associated applications, but in fact by default KDE don't
> > include the best possible configuration in any KDE I've tried.
>
> Could you expand on this? I am interested specifically in what you feel
> would be better defaults. Assuming they make sense, I don't see why we
> wouldn't change the defaults  in SVN to be more friendly going forward.

For example, I think it should be neccesary an option to configure
applications to use for ALL audio mimetypes, instead of change each mimetype.
The same with video and image mimetypes and maybe others.

By default, for example, I suggest the following:

- Multimedia (audio and video) files don't show "Open in new Window/Tab"

"Open in new Window" is in fact open new Konqueror window with embebed player.
In this case is better to open the file with the app not embebed.
"Open in new Tab" is in fact open new Tab with embebed player. Who wants to
play an audio file in a new tab?

- All the files show "Compress" inside "Actions menu".

Of course, it's just my opinion.  ;)

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...