A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Tue Feb 21 20:48:43 CET 2006

El Martes, 21 de Febrero de 2006 01:48, Kurt Pfeifle escribió:
> > Things
> > like "Fonts" and "Printers" configuration should be in KDE Control Center
> > but not in a web/file browser.
> > If there is people that find them useful in Konqueror is because they
> > don't find them useful where the must be
>
> No, it is because they are (for me) faster accessed directly from
> Konqueror (or side bar).

And if you put two extra-big icons in the desktop called "Fonts" and
"Printers" you could access them even faster, but... is the desktop the best
place for them? do you really access to "Fonts" and "Printers" every day? do
you really need them BY DEFAULT in the Konqueror sidebar?

Note that Konqueror allows the advanced users to configure it as they want, so
if you REALLY consider necessary "Fonts" and "Printers" tabs in sidebar you
could put them easily, but are they good by default?

This is the difference between KDE and Gnome, (or one of them).

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...