No Bugreports for "old" Versions

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Thu Feb 2 22:52:22 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 16:39, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> digikam is still unusable for me and I cannot even tell the developers
> what the problem is, because the bugtracking-system tells me, that my
> version of KDE is "too old" and the bugreport that announces exactly the
> problem i have, is closed.
>

> what do you people think about that?

Well if it's a known bug that is already fixed in current KDE versions, that
may be one reason why the bug tracker would complain.

Just for clarification, what is your current version of KDE (and DigiKam)?
The bug you have may be marked RESOLVED because it has been fixed for a newer
version of digikam than that included in your SuSE Linux.

Or, you may have found that the bug has reappeared, in which case you can
simply open a new bug or add a comment to the matching bug report that the
bug is not actually fixed.

You may also want to see if Novell SuSE Linux has updated to KDE or Digikam
for your version.  In fact, that'd be the first thing I'd do.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne