No Bugreports for "old" Versions

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 22:46:55 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 9:39 pm, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Hello kde-folks,
>
> to make it short:
>
> 1.) I run a recent version of Novells Suse Linux including all available
>  updates.
> 2.) there is a severe bug in Digikams image-editor that I was willing to
> post to bugs-kde.org
> So far, so good --
> using the normal searchfunction i find my bug pronounced as "RESOLVED"
> in the very Version i run still the Bug is there and alive so, what does
> "RESOLVED" mean here anyway?

There are a couple of possibilities here:
1. You have the latest released version of digikam, and the fix is only in the
development (SVN) version. In this case, if you *need* the fix, you have
three options:
	a) Wait for the next stable version, working around the bug in the meantime.
	b) Ask the developers to backport the fix to the stable version (or backport
it yourself), and then ask your distributor to produce an updated package.
	c) Compile the SVN version yourself.

2. You don't have the latest version of digikam, and a later released version
has the fix. In this case, either ask your distributor to make a package of
the later released version, or do c) above, but with s/SVN/later released
version/

Regards,
Philip