Fwd: Fwd: noob

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Wed Aug 16 21:01:28 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 16.08.2006, 14:18 -0400 schrieb Will Entriken:
> > [SNIP]
>
> I was just updating trunk.html and I noticed that someone deleted
> unstable.html which explained kde3.5 compilation. Maybe that belongs
> under Older Versions.

That was me. trunk == unstable == KDE4; branches/KDE/3.5/ is stable -->
KDE 3.5. That is why we moved everthing in:

http://developer.kde.org/build/stable.html

> But if you don't want people building 3.5 anymore that's great because
> we can then kill the behemoth
> http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/buildstep.php rather than
> parsing out any useful kde3.5 building advice.

No no no :-) KDE 3.5 will be THE KDE until lets say April-August 2007
(nobody knows when KDE4 will be shipped). So those instructions are
needed at least until KDE 4.1 is out.

> ===

For all of the rest: *please* talk to kde-www-devel at kde.org as they are
currently creating a new system.