System Wide Desktop Search?

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 19:45:34 CET 2005

OK I confess to a couple of misconceptions about what Intotify involved.
I was led to believe it allowed for live real time monitoring of system
wide file changes - which search facilities like this could use to
provide live real time searching. It is entirely possible that I have
been mistaken.

Anyway, having read about Tenor, it sounds just the ticket! Search
should be a deep rooted functionality, not just of the desktop - but of
the entire OS. With storage capacities ever growing, it is vital that
files and folders (and other items) can be accessed both instantly and
intuitively. So it is certainly at least a little encouraging if KDE
developers are now beginning to talk about this seriously.

If all of this is going to be in KDE 4, then all I can do is join in the
chorus and say that it looks to me as though KDE 4x really is going to rock!

I do care about KDE, I have been a user for 4 years. I am simply very
keen to see it compete and even exceed the very best that Apple and MS
can come up with.

So far the signs are looking encouraging.

GJ