HiColor Icon Theme

Nathan Olberding nathan.olberding at gmail.com
Sat May 28 21:45:11 CEST 2005

Have you tried asking Jonathan directly if he's doing this? I agree
with your solution (well, I don't think it's a big deal, but obviously
there's a proper solution to this, so we should use that solution, as
you suggest), but I wonder if this isn't a lighter issue than your
wording makes it sound like.

On 5/27/05, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:
> Kenneth Wimer <wimer at suse.de> asked me to be the maintainer of the
> HiColor Icon Theme and I agreed to do it.
>
> Since them, I have wasted considerable time on this.
>
> The current situation is that we have HiColor icons that are installed
> as crystalsvg and Crystal icons that are installed as hicolor.
>
> My posting on kde-core-devel:
>
> http://www.archivum.info/kde-core-devel%40kde.org/2005-05/msg00232.html
>
> remains unanswered.
>
> So, it appears that either Jonathan Riddell decided to volunteer to take
> over the job from me without even consulting me or the job no longer exists.
>
> In either case, it appears that I am out of a job and will no longer be
> working on this.  Please do not misunderstand, I am not quiting.  I am
> still very willing to do this job, but I will not waste my time on it.
>
> So, if you want me to do this job, please assure me that I will have the
> authority to do it and that someone won't do things behind my back.  I
> note for the record that if I am to continue with this it is (or would
> be) my intention to try to straighten out the mess and to continue full
> support for the HiColor icon theme according to the written KDE policy:
>
> http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/iconthemes.html
>
> and the FreeDesktop Standards/icon-theme-spec:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/icon-theme-spec
>
> --
> JRT

-NKO-