[kde-quality] 3.4 announcement suggestions

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Mar 16 19:59:39 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:49:50AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> 5. "Kopete features an improved contact list showing contact photos,
>    improved Kontact integration and supports..."
>
>    Change "supports" to "support for".

BTW, the reason here, is because we're saying "Kopete features... support for"
(rather than "Kopete features... supports", though I suppose one could
argue we're saying "Kopete features... and [Kopete] supports...", but my
way sounds better to me, at least ;^) )

<snip>
> 8. "Highlights at a Glance" section...  I think folks may have already
<snip>
>    * "Juk (music player)"  [or some more thorough description]

"an audio jukebox for KDE" (as seen at kde.org.uk app-of-the-month)
seems like an okay summary...

> 9. Further, in this section:
>
>    * "DBUS/HAL support..." -- maybe: "Support for the DBUS/HAL standard..."

Also, would it be good to link that/those terms to some page where they're
described?

Maybe:

  HAL: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fHalFAQ
  DBUS: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fdbus

<snip>
>    * "...between 2 PCs..." -- maybe change that to "two", spelled out...

Someone might argue that "computers" is a better term than "PCs", since
"PC" is kind of this generic 'brand' for Intel-compatible desktop computers.
*shrug*

<snip>
>      "Read all of your favo[u]rite RSS (news-feed) enabled websites in one
>      place using the new tool, Akregator"

Ugh, I was doing this quickly, sorry. :^)

  "... using the new KDE news-feed browser, Akregator"

Okay, back to work for me... :)  Enjoy!

-bill!