Intoduction and a first question

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 6 21:51:06 CET 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 14:57, PJ wrote:

> Since i am using KDE for several years now (starting with KDE 2.01),
> i felt that it is now the time to start contributing.

That's great to hear.

> Because i don't have write access to the kde-core-devel mailing list,
> i send the mail direct to the developer, using the mailaddress form
> to sourecode.

If you don't have write access to kde-core-devel it only means that your
post will be moderated, not that you aren't able to post at all, I
think. kde-core-devel certainly is the right platform for patches to
the core libraries. The mail addresses from the source code might not
necessarily reflect who is actually taking care of the code.

> But I got no responce at all, which i not very motivating when you
> just tried to do your first contribution.

Hey, we all started at some time and not getting a response probably
isn't the worst way KDE contributors have started with ;-)

> What would be the right way to convince the developer to take a look
> at the code?

Send the patch to kde-core-devel or you might even send it on
kde-quality if you prefer.