cvs/cervisia assistance

Master Maths m2george at telkomsa.net
Thu Feb 24 18:33:23 CET 2005

hello all,

I maintain kdenonbeta/kmathtool and have gotten very stuck with
cvs/cervisia and beg your assistance please.
As I did not have a modem that could work in Linux I have been doing all
my development localy. My current work is about 9 months out of date from
kdenonbeta. I've since got a modem for linux but now I can't get either
cvs or cervisia to work.
This is what I've done, as per kde quality webpages.

trenton at linux:~> cat ~/.cvsrc
cvs -z4 -q

diff -u3 -p

update -dP

trenton at linux:~>l
-rw-r--r--   1 trenton users     0 2005-02-18 21:10 .cvspass
-rw-r--r--   1 trenton users    56 2005-02-18 21:09 .cvsrc

trenton at linux:~> env |grep CVSROOT
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde

trenton at linux:~> cvs login
cvs: invalid option --
Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options-and-arguments]
   where cvs-options are -q, -n, etc.
     (specify --help-options for a list of options)
   where command is add, admin, etc.
     (specify --help-commands for a list of commands
      or --help-synonyms for a list of command synonyms)
   where command-options-and-arguments depend on the specific command
     (specify -H followed by a command name for command-specific help)
   Specify --help to receive this message

The Concurrent Versions System (CVS) is a tool for version control.
For CVS updates and additional information, see
     the CVS home page at http://www.cvshome.org/ or
     Pascal Molli's CVS site at http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs-index.html

In cervisia I set up a repository (anon), get logged in, but fetch modules
does not work, neither does checkout. It logs out on it's own and the only
way I can log in aggain is if I restart cervisia. Also for some reason the
repository names change themselves.

Any hints to get this working will be greatly appreaciated. Or as a last
resort if anyone can mail me the source tree I can diff aggainst that.

Kind Regards

Trenton

--
Master Maths George.
Postnet Suite #109                Tel: +27(0)44 873 4683