Introduction

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 15:55:45 CET 2005

On Friday, 4. February 2005 15:35, Keith P. Boruff wrote:

> It was suggested on the Quality Team Website that after subscribing to
> this mailing list, I should introduce myself. Here I am.

Welcome, Keith.

> I hope to get involved in one of the development projects (after I
> figure out which one I want to do). I'm a pro at C++ but have only
> dabbled with Qt.

That sounds good. If you know C++ well, I'm sure you will quickly get into KDE
programming. I don't know which kind of project you are looking for, but one
interesting KDE subproject is kdepim with applications like Kontact, KMail,
KOrganizer, KAddressbook, etc.

> Whatever project I get into, I'll probably want to do some bug-hunting
> as that kind of work quickly gets me up to speed on an unfamiliar code
> base.

One project which would greatly benefit from some bug-fixing is Kontact. You
can look at the existing bug reports by querying for product "kontact" at
http://bugs.kde.org. If you like you can also drop by at the #kontact IRC
channel on irc.kde.org where the kdepim hackers usually hang around. If you
have questions feel free to ask there or post to the kde-pim at kde.org mailing
list.