Massive Konqueror Regression

Fracassi@t-online.de Fracassi at t-online.de
Thu Aug 18 09:56:25 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 02:37, David van Hoose wrote:

> Very true indeed. I helped out with testing KDE 2 and it was really fun,
> but when KDE 3 beta came out, I couldn't spend as much time with it as
> it needed because of all of the bugs.
[snip]

> But beta testing KDE now is almost like gamma testing
> Chicago. There needs to be some controls put into place to make the beta
> not as unstable as an alpha. Don't you agree with that even the
> slightest bit?

Your rant about the beta quality of kde is way off IMHO.
I've been using EVERY beta version of KDE since 3.0 came out on my day-to-day
work desktop and never had any real grave problems.
Of course there are bugs, and some features don't work temporarily, but thats
why it is called beta. And there never were any showstopers.

Fabio