Massive Konqueror Regression

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Aug 18 19:21:14 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 16:03, David van Hoose wrote:

> No. What I said is, "make the KDE devs check their code changes with
> regression tests so that the KDE bugzilla doesn't contain 6000+ bugs of
> which 2/3 are still unconfirmed because they don't have time to check
> them out properly." Does this make more sense to you?

Unconfirmed bugs are mostly bugs that cannot be reproduced.
The respective functionality might work fine on all installation the developer
has access to. The bug could be triggered by a different distributor's
packaging, by other programs running on the user's system, etc.

I once had an amok running Kicker, but the problem wasn't Kicker but the
KMLDonkey applet running inside it (memory leak).
If I had filed a bug report about Kicker crashing, how would anyone confirm it
who might not be running the KMLDonkey applet?

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>