Massive Konqueror Regression

Luke-Jr luke-jr at utopios.org
Thu Aug 18 08:42:17 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 06:25, C. Michailidis wrote:
> It's my opinion that if you don't have enough q/a engineers you may as well
> not have any software developers at all.  If KDE doesn't have enough people
> with the sole responsibility of doing q/a then you just might REALLY BE
> talking to a brick wall Aaron.

The idea is that you guys volunteer to be q/a engineers.

> If I were KDE upper management I would probably offer the entire koffice
> group a job in an overhauled QA department (a QA department with real
> muscle, esp. around release time - not some whimpy QA dept) or let them go.

Are KDE developers all paid now? Last I checked, most were volunteering...

>  The qa people would do integration and regression testing, knowledge/issue
> db management and play an active role in producing the releases (it may
> even be their responsibility).

Sounds like just the job for non-developers!

> Having a high q/a engineer to developer(coder) ratio isn't just a luxury,
> sometimes it's a neccesity.  I've worked on projects before where q/a
> people had development people outnumbered 2:1 if not more.  IMHO most
> projects with inadequate q/a resources are doomed... Doomed.... DOOOOMED!!

Well, if you want KDE to stick around I guess you'd better start doing some
q/a so it isn't DOOMED.
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios