Massive Konqueror Regression

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 09:14:07 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 12:25, C. Michailidis wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:49, aseigo at kde.org wrote:
> > i feel like i'm talking to a brick wall here. we could have 10x the
> > number of regression tests we currently have and there would still be
> > bugs that get through. we need more people (e.g. not developers) doing
> > q/a testing. i've explained why a few times now, so tell me: what part of
> > that explanation is not clear enough?
>
> It's my opinion that if you don't have enough q/a engineers you may as well
> not have any software developers at all.

so we should just all walk away right now? nah, let's just get some of the
obviously concerned kde users actually involved with q/a testing.

> If I were KDE upper management I would probably offer the entire koffice
> group a job in an overhauled QA department (a QA department with real

KDE is not a corporation, it's an open source project. and killing KOffice
would be amazingly dense, but that's a whole other topic.

> BTW, JH, I took your advice (sort of) and installed the 'kde-lite' port
> instead of 'kde3'.

kde-lite? what is that exactly? it's great that you took the time to get
involved, but it's hard to do q/a when you aren't using the official product

> do like to use (figuring if I miss it, I like it).  As soon as I went to
> run 'kdesu k3b' while using enlightenment I see... "KCrash: Application
> 'kdesu' crashing..."!  Lol, turns out kdesu wets the bed if you aren't
> using the kde window manager (yes I tried it with a handfull of other
> window managers, yes one was wmaker)!

kdesu has no such dependency. what was the backtrace?

--
Aaron J. Seigo