Fwd: Student Offering Services

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 24 15:22:30 CEST 2004

Anyone feels like coaching a student? :/
(Please cc me and him in your replies, I'm not subscribed)

Subject: Student Offering Services
Date: Friday 24 September 2004 15:10
From: bryan <bharget at topletter.com>
To: howtohelp at kde.org

Hello!

I am a full time student studying a degree in Computer Science BSc
Hons at DeMontfort University, Leicester, UK.  In a few days I will
begin my final year of the course and as part of the requirements for
the year I have to choose and undertake a final year project.

I have spent the day trawling through the proposed list of projects
that the university have to put together - and have found them about
as interesting as watching paint dry!

Then I saw this as part of the criteria;

3. External projects in collaboration with an external company.

I have been using Linux (Suse 9.1 Pro & KDE of course!) for nearly a
year now and have become very interested in the Open Source community.
I have thought about joining the KDE team before and it occurred to
me that I could help out as part of my project.  I am not the most
competent programmer in the world, but am very interested in testing,
design and HCI.

I was wondering if you had any "set" projects for students, or
something that I could work on for say, 6 -7 months.

I would very much like to get involved and help out as I am a huge fan
of KDE.  If you could advise me on what action to take next and
whether you think it would be suitable for me to join I would be very
grateful.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.