kde teams and/or maintainer of everything

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 8 23:46:34 CEST 2004

On September 8, 2004 9:32, J. Preiss wrote:
> I am wondering how KDE itself works... is there someone who cares for all
> packages, someone "above" the single packages?

we have the "Release Dude" who manages the release schedule and packs up the
tarballs.

> And who is responsible for each package with its projects inside?

the project maintainers, of which there are many. nearly as many as there are
applications and packages =)

> I'm asking because now that I posted my kde builder to kde-apps and some
> people found it ok, it would be great to have some meta information in the
> cvs tree. I dont know how or what this meta info could be, but it sure
> would be useful for the other builders like konstruct too (?).

what sort of meta info? you mention dependencies, but what sort of info
specifically?

> The other problem is an uninstall. With qbuildkde you can deselect
> packages, so they are neither compiled nor installed - ok. But if you just
> want to have a look at a tool and it doesnt fit your needs, you have a
> problem. Is there a package where make uninstall is used? Or would it be a
> problem to add this option?

`make uninstall` doesn't work for you? you could also look into using
checkinstall .....

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric