kde teams and/or maintainer of everything

J. Preiss auba at af-i.de
Wed Sep 8 17:32:12 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I am wondering how KDE itself works... is there someone who cares for all
packages, someone "above" the single packages? And who is responsible for
each package with its projects inside?

I'm asking because now that I posted my kde builder to kde-apps and some
people found it ok, it would be great to have some meta information in the
cvs tree. I dont know how or what this meta info could be, but it sure would
be useful for the other builders like konstruct too (?).

The main problem are the depencies of some projects. When I select only
kdevelop to build and want its translation, I always get the whole i18n-tree,
right? Ok, translations are not large, this might be ok. But when it comes to
images, bitmaps or sounds...

The other problem is an uninstall. With qbuildkde you can deselect packages,
so they are neither compiled nor installed - ok. But if you just want to have
a look at a tool and it doesnt fit your needs, you have a problem. Is there a
package where make uninstall is used? Or would it be a problem to add this
option?