Windows::To::Linux::

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:34:17 CEST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:46:19 +0530, "ranjeet singh" <rsdevgun at gmail.com>
said:
> Hi All
> I am an engineer by profession. I am a good MFC developer.I am
> switching to linux dev. because it's open and we have lot many things
> to learn and give as well. I'll be quite pleased if u give me few
> suggestions ,where to start exactly. I am giving u some details about
> myself. I am good at mathematical work and proficient in C/C++,VC++. I
> have two years of experience in windows programming. I really love to
> do complicated and tough task. So I'll wait for ur response.
> Bye

Hi Ranjeet,

First of all, welcome! I hope you will have fun developing KDE.

I imagine you already have a version of KDE installed in your computer.
It's a good idea to install KDevelop, and all Qt and KDE development
packages as well. If you wish to grab the KDE sources and build it from
sources, this might give you good insight about the KDE development
process. See:

http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/buildstep.php

KDE is built with C++, using the Qt library. I am sure you will learn it
fast, and feel quickly at home. There is a nice page with a tutorial,
and listing the guides and information available for programmers who are
starting to develop KDE:

http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtohack.php

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz