Welcome Pack for Doc contributors (draft)

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 8 00:08:52 CEST 2004

Hi,

> One problem I had in thinking about it was its use. Are we going to just
> send this out to everyone who sends us an e-mail that suggests they might
> like docs work? Or will we use it to follow up that first e-mail, once
> we've established that? I've assumed the latter...

As far as the quality team is concerned, I guess you know what fits best with
your other procedures. If we use it on kde-doc-english, I think we'd probably
use it as a first email to send to people when they say they'd like to help
on docs.

Can I suggest two small changes:
<snip>
> Before you get started, we reccommend you read our introduction to docs
> work: http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtodocs.php .

Carlos, are you moving the content at the address above into the Doc Primer?
If so, perhaps it would be better to point to the Primer instead?

> This should walk you through everything you need to know to get up to speed
> on writing docs for KDE, but be aware that it's still work-in-progress.

Lauri suggested (on kde-doc-english) s/get up to speed on/start/ for the sake
of conciseness.

Otherwise, it's great. I think we should finalize it soon, since it hasn't
changed much for a while, and Fab is keen to do a dot story on it :-)

Regards,
Philip
Online KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org