[Sysadmin] Re: QWhatsThis (again)

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Tue Sep 7 18:43:56 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 Sep 2004 16:06, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2004 14:25, Frans Englich wrote:
> > >
> > > If you are talking about b.k.o:
> > > Since it has an email interface which afaik is internally also used
> > > for reporting bugs using the online bug report wizard this should be
> > > possible; but of course only as long as the email address with which
> > > the person is sending the bug is already registered at b.k.o.
>
> Wrong - there is no such email interface on bugs.kde.org, and the wizard
> uses SQL directly.
>
> We have an email interface to answer to bugs, close them, etc., but when I
> wrote that part I removed the original bugzilla "submit bugs by mail"
> because this used to be abused (by people and by spammers) to create
> useless bug reports.
>
> I also don't think we want one BR per missing whatsthis.
> Better decide on a person, team, or mailing-list, that should get those
> mails.

The problem with just receiving e-mails, even on a mailing list, is that it's
very difficult to track who is dealing with which submission. It's even more
of an issue when you consider that we'll be inviting new contributors to help
with this, rather than working within a small well managed team.

We really need something like RT or Bugzilla-with-email-interface to handle
submissions. Can something not be set-up?

Kind regards,
Tom