[Sysadmin] Re: QWhatsThis (again)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 7 17:06:54 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 14:25, Frans Englich wrote:

> What does the sysdamins say about this? (Coolo's gone)
>
> On Tuesday 07 September 2004 17:17, Datschge wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 September 2004 07:33, Tom Chance wrote:
> > > If Bugzilla can receive e-mails, process them and enter them as new
> > > bugs with enough marking so that the QWhatsThis team can isolate
> > > them and manage them, then yes, Bugzilla would be sufficient. So
> > > can it?
> >
> > If you are talking about b.k.o:
> > Since it has an email interface which afaik is internally also used
> > for reporting bugs using the online bug report wizard this should be
> > possible; but of course only as long as the email address with which
> > the person is sending the bug is already registered at b.k.o.

Wrong - there is no such email interface on bugs.kde.org, and the wizard uses SQL directly.

We have an email interface to answer to bugs, close them, etc., but when I wrote that
part I removed the original bugzilla "submit bugs by mail" because this used to be abused
(by people and by spammers) to create useless bug reports.

I also don't think we want one BR per missing whatsthis.
Better decide on a person, team, or mailing-list, that should get those mails.