New User Guide

Gerry Gavigan gg at gerryg.uklinux.net
Sun May 30 15:59:03 CEST 2004

one small thoughts, hopefully useful.  one question One volunteer

Currently this help guide seems to be organised by function (I may have missed
something)

For example amid the small but growing group of non-expert converts I am
supporting - they don't know the question to ask and I am not sure they would
find this guide helpful.  (And like me they don't read anything...)

Elaborating, one of them couldn't work out how to cut and paste between
applications - and had no idea that not only was klipper the answer but that
the little clipboard in the panel was the solution. Once klipper was found,
its usefulness and superiority became obvious immediately

I wonder therefore if there could be a searchable, light-touch, "How do I?"
section?

(If anyone thinks that would be a good idea I'll start with "How do I cut and
paste")
---
2) A general index can be helpful - does docbook produce one automatically

3) happy to to do setting up an internet connection  (III, 12) both kppp and
using a router and contributing to or do (III,13) Email