New User Guide

phil.rod at ntlworld.com phil.rod at ntlworld.com
Sat May 29 18:40:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I'd be keen on helping out. I know nothing about DocBook, but I've written a
> lot of training manuals in my time - In a far away past I used to teach users
> how to use the "other OS" and it's related applications
>
> Where to from here?

Thanks for the offer of help! The first thing to do would be to take a look at the outline for the user guide which is at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/kde/userguide-tng/ .

If there's a section in that outline that you'd like to write, or extend somehow, drop us a line at
kde-doc-english at kde.org to say that you'd like to work on it (to make sure we don't have more than one person working on the same thing). If no particular section catches your eye, but there's something else you'd like to write about, feel free to suggest it (to kde-doc-english).

Not knowing DocBook is no problem at all: you can write in plain text, and submit your work to kde-doc-english, where someone will pick it up, add the necessary markup, and add it to the user guide.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Philip Rodrigues