Fwd: [Kde-pim] [SUMMARY] Kontact Polishing

Allen Winter winterz at verizon.net
Wed Mar 31 20:19:07 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 01:01 pm, Tom Chance wrote:
> Allen,
>
> We could run this as a competition on KDE Look? It could be the KDE Artist
> Quality Team's first project!
>
> Tom
>
> On Wednesday 31 Mar 2004 18:29, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Sorry, forgot to send this to kde-quality.
> >
> > Is anyone interested in creating a brand new, very professional
> > looking splash-screen for kontact?  You'll be famous :>

[Kontact Polishing Summary snipped]

I might be wrong, but I don't think the kontact developers care how
the new splash-screen gets created -- by contest or not.  Just as
long as we have the new image soon, say by the end of April.
Also, the kontact developers have the final say.

I think this would be a great project for the KDE Artist Quality Team.

Requirements:
* We want something very professional looking.
* It should have no text, other than the name of the application "Kontact",
  and maybe copyright info.
* The image must communicate a "Personal Information Manager"
* Meet KDE Artist image requirements -- there must be some at
  http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists
* ?? other requirements