Kontact Polishing

Allen Winter winterz at verizon.net
Sat Mar 20 18:06:09 CET 2004

Howdy,

Some thoughts on Kontact (from CVS HEAD).   Nothing major.

General:
 * The splash screen could be prettier.  Is it a good idea to "hard-code"
    the components into the image?
 * The kontact icon tooltip says "Personal Information Manager".
    The tooltip should match the description on the splash? ("Groupware Client").
 * I get two Tip-of-the-Days when I start kontact.  The first one seems to be
    from kmail and the other from korganizer.
 * The kontact icon doesn't stand out very well in my light grey panel.
    I guess the icon could use a little polish.
 * The Todo List and Calendar icons on the left panel area a little too similar.

Configuration (Settings->Configure Kontact menu):
 * What is the difference between the big Configure button and the Summary
   configuration?
 * General configuration of Kontact's summary view (the Summary configuration)
   doesn't allow one to add a News Ticker
 * Do we even need the big Configure button?
 * For kweather configure, can we add the "Lookup your ICAO code" link?

Maybe there are some things in here that the Quality Team could work on?

Cheers,
Allen