When to set VERIFIED in BugZilla?

Gardner Bell gbell72 at rogers.com
Thu Mar 11 11:53:56 CET 2004

On March 11, 2004 03:30 pm, Alessio Maria Braccini wrote:
> > If you mean that the KDE Quality Team is not supposed to do Quality
> > Assurance, then IIUC you would be WRONG.
> >
> > If you don't understand what Quality Assurance is: it means seeing that
> > the bugs actually get fixed.  Is it your understanding that the KDE
> > Quality Team isn't going to do that?
>
> This is an interesting point for me. As far as I know Quality Assurance has
> the goal to ensure that the final product has the defined level of quality.
> So if there is no quality planning before the Quality Team, I think there
> is no Quality Assurance and these teams work only performing quality tests.
> Anyway, this is major step, i think, in open source development, because
> the quality team are created not only for programmers, but even for normal
> user. My question is: do you (do we, do all the people that read these
> mails) think about quality from the point of view of the user or from the
> point of view of the technical properties of the product?

I think more along the line of the user because they expect the software to
perform flawlessly.  Bugs and design flaws can impede an applications
successful roll-out.  If a product is released without thorough testing the
user is going to get very frustrated and move along elsewhere.

Regards

Gardner