When to set VERIFIED in BugZilla?

Alessio Maria Braccini ale.braccini at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 11 16:30:08 CET 2004

> If you mean that the KDE Quality Team is not supposed to do Quality
> Assurance, then IIUC you would be WRONG.
>
> If you don't understand what Quality Assurance is: it means seeing that the
> bugs actually get fixed.  Is it your understanding that the KDE Quality
> Team isn't going to do that?

This is an interesting point for me. As far as I know Quality Assurance has
the goal to ensure that the final product has the defined level of quality.
So if there is no quality planning before the Quality Team, I think there is
no Quality Assurance and these teams work only performing quality tests.
Anyway, this is major step, i think, in open source development, because the
quality team are created not only for programmers, but even for normal user.
My question is: do you (do we, do all the people that read these mails) think
about quality from the point of view of the user or from the point of view of
the technical properties of the product?

Tnx for your attention
Alessio