the wiki pages

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Tue Mar 9 13:59:17 CET 2004

On Tuesday 09 Mar 2004 12:48, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2004 12:51, Tom Chance wrote:
> > I don't, in other words, think we should be making a bunch of
> > half-complete, constantly changing wiki pages too high profile yet,
> > except to those to whom it is clear that they aren't finished (i.e. those
> > on this list).
>
> Isn't it the whole point of a wiki to have contantly changing pages?
> Statical pages are better placed on the web sites, in my opinion.

Sorry, let me clarify. It is a bad idea to direct people to a page that today
has one big list of contributors, and that a few days later has 3 empty
tables with lists of apps and the status of tasks for those apps, and so on.
If I visited the first version of the page, I might think that that is all
there will be, and so never come back.

I think we should at least come to agree on the template for Quality Team
pages, something Carlos is working hard on, and then get the pages to this
stage before we then invite people to change the details of the pages.

Tom