the wiki pages

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Tue Mar 9 12:51:19 CET 2004

Marc,

On Tuesday 09 Mar 2004 10:09, Marc Heyvaert wrote:
> I've been reading all the pro's concerning the utility
> of wiki pages for the different modules. I'm sort of
> half convinced now :)
>
> So I try to find my bearings.
[snip]
> Now, I apologize if this message is a bit of a rant,
> but I fear that after the initial boost due to the
> reference on kde news, the visibility of the team will
> soon diminish and relying on the wiki pages just
> doesn't seem to be enough, unless (1)you get the
> support form all the official web page maintainers too
> and (2) we get some more visibility on the wiki home
> page.

I agree. I think that once we get the wiki pages stable (i.e. we have worked
out how best to use them) and once we have a few Quality Team pages
up-to-date (Edu, PIM, Multimedia and KOffice should do for now though more
would be fine), then we can look at making them more prominent in the wiki
and in the Quality Team area of the kde.org web site (quality.kde.org).

Once we have a few teams running, then I hope that quality.kde.org will also
be prominent across appropriate parts of kde web sites.

I don't, in other words, think we should be making a bunch of half-complete,
constantly changing wiki pages too high profile yet, except to those to whom
it is clear that they aren't finished (i.e. those on this list).

The sooner we can get at least the first stage done, the sooner these Quality
Teams can really start working as teams, so of course if you want to lend a
hand ;-)

Tom