Running HEAD as default

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 09:24:41 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 10:51, Joost De Cock wrote:

> And that's that, I guess I just installed the HEAD version system wide.
> When I start (for example) Kmail as normal plain me, it is version 1.6.51,
> clearly it's been updated. Since it's my laptop, I'm the only one affected,
> but I'm wondering if this is a bad thing (TM). I followed the excellent
> guide on building CVS (provided by the quality team) and there they use a
> different user for testing.

It's not a bad thing to install kdepim from HEAD into a 3.2 installation at
all. That's what many kdepim developers do all the time. It makes working on
the code much easier than having it installed as a separate user and doesn't
require a complete parallel KDE installation.

If you have problems with building the kdepim HEAD branch which are related to
the code and not to your setup and they don't go away with a "cvs up" please
report them on the kdepim mailing list.