Running HEAD as default

Joost De Cock Joost.DeCock at astrid.be
Tue Mar 9 07:29:42 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 14:13, Carlos Leonhard Woelz shoved this in my
mailbox:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:51:40 +0100, "Joost De Cock"
>
> <Joost.DeCock at astrid.be> said:
> > I spent a good part of my Saturday afternoon trying to plug the HEAD
> > kdepim
> > into my running kde 3.2. (I am new to this, so please cut me some slack).
> > And that's that, I guess I just installed the HEAD version system wide.
> > I'm
> > wondering if this is a bad thing (TM). I followed the excellent guide on
> > building CVS (provided by the quality team) and there they use a
> > different
> > user for testing.
>
> Indeed, mixing installed from source software with rpms is messy, and
> hard to clean up. But I did not test installing only one module in a user
> forler: I don't know if this works.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I decided to do the right thing yesterday
evening and started to setup a base KDE system as the kdedev user. However,
somewhere in the kdelibs make, it bailed out with 'No space left on device'.
Disp space is cheap, but not so on laptops :(

I'm going to stick with my kdepim HEAD code untill I find some partitions to
move around.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.