Quality Teams on the wiki

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Sun Mar 7 22:16:23 CET 2004

Carlosm

On Sunday 07 Mar 2004 22:41, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> I am interested in setting up the KOffice page. I did not start yet,
> because even if I could do it quickly, I believe it is necessary that
> someone takes responsability of keeping the information up to date, as I am
> doing for KDE PIM. Otherwise, we can end up like many other previous
> efforts: after a burst of update, the pages slowly get out of shape, and
> therefore not useful.

I agree that is important to establish people who are interested in
maintaining these pages. But I think we need people to start them in the
first place to get things moving. Otherwise, I get the feeling that people
will post to this list offering help; some will take up specific jobs and do
them on their own for some time, whilst others will lose interest and leave;
of those who do work, many will get bored and leave; and so on.

What I am proposing is that we create a wiki page at least for each major
module in CVS (i.e. kdemultimedia, kdegraphics, etc.) and try to force the
hand of at least one developer from each module to help volunteers start the
page off, drawing on bugzilla and mailing lists for general open tasks (e.g.
"KNode - documentation - needs screenshots").

We then invite people on this mailing list and elsewhere to put their name
down on the page as members of the Quality Team, and under specific tasks,
and then ask them to maintain the page. If they don't, we won't be in any
worse a position that if we don't have the pages at all. If they do, we have
a nice, organised place from which Quality Team members can work.

As I said before, I'm willing to spend some time assembling these pages. I
think that if we get a few people working on the initial pages, and then post
something on the kdedevelopers to establish the place of Quality Teams in the
developers' minds, we'll stand a much better chance of seeing this wonderful
idea of yours suceed.

Regards,
Tom