open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Mar 6 15:47:39 CET 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 20:17, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> 7Hi Nicolas,
>

> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:58:50 +0100, "Nicolas Goutte" <nicolasg at snafu.de>
>
> said:
> > I have made a list of what in my opinion are easy tasks to do in KOffice.
>
> <snip list of tasks>
>
> > PS.: Of course KOffice is also still searching developers wanting to do
> > more
> > difficult tasks, for example currently we would need people to help
> > developing the OpenOffice to KOffice filters (and vice-versa of course.)
>
> Do you want me to set up a wiki page for the office module like the one
> for KDE PIM? See this link for what I mean. It was highly successful to
> attract volunteers, as you can see by the names on the lists:

For now, I have placed my task list on koffice.org:
http://www.koffice.org/developer/tasks

I am not sure how many people would like to take care about this list, but if
there are only a few (if not only myself) then we can give them CVS writing
rights for koffice.org.

My point of view is that many things should be concentrated in the developer
pages of koffice.org to avoid that newbies have to search the information
everywhere, especially on their own.

> http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=Quality+Team+KDE+PIM
>

> I can add these "Jobs" and update the docs information. Also, I can add a
> bug maintainer table.

BTW: I would avoid the word "job" or we will again have people thinking that
they are paid jobs (but we need volunteers.)

(...)

> Cheers,
> --
>   Carlos Leonhard Woelz