open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Fri Mar 5 20:17:49 CET 2004

7Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:58:50 +0100, "Nicolas Goutte" <nicolasg at snafu.de>
said:
> I have made a list of what in my opinion are easy tasks to do in KOffice.

<snip list of tasks>

> PS.: Of course KOffice is also still searching developers wanting to do
> more
> difficult tasks, for example currently we would need people to help
> developing the OpenOffice to KOffice filters (and vice-versa of course.)

Do you want me to set up a wiki page for the office module like the one
for KDE PIM? See this link for what I mean. It was highly successful to
attract volunteers, as you can see by the names on the lists:

http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=Quality+Team+KDE+PIM

I can add these "Jobs" and update the docs information. Also, I can add a
bug maintainer table.

The problem with pages like this one is that the information gets
outdated, and the page useless. I won't let that happen with the PIM
page. On the other hand, an updated page gives a sense of community, help
people finding a position and show the results of the collective effort.
KOffice is an incredibly attractive project, with applications for all
tastes :)

We already have some volunteers on the kde-quality list that are
specifically interested in helping KOffice. Maybe some of you (from the
koffice or kde-quality lists) can volunteer to maintain the page. If you
do, let me know, so that I can put the KOffice page online as soon as
this weekend :) It is not so hard to maintain: anyone that are currently
watching the KOffice development can do the task, he only have to follow
the work done by the volunteers, what task is taken, what is available.
It is better if it is someone experienced, who can help to organize the
efforts, but a well intentioned, hard working newbie can do the job as
well. After all, I did it for KDE PIM...

While I have been for the last year a KOffice lurker, I am currently
maintaining the PIM jobs pages, ergo I won't be able to do so for the
KOffice I am committed to work on KPilot docs and in a documentation
step-by-step HOWTO too. One module is enough for me.

  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz at imap-mail.com

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Sent 0.000002 seconds ago